Viewing Single Post

Like many of Michael Bispings opponents, former Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold is unimpressed by the brash Brit. Wholesale Jordans Shoes .Bisping, hes a piece of work, Rockhold said with an exasperated laugh. The guy likes to run his mouth. I look forward to shutting it.Rockhold (12-2) will get that chance Friday in Sydney, Australia, in the main event of a televised UFC card. A win can propel the American, currently ranked fifth among 185-pound contenders, nearer the front of the championship queue. Bisping (26-6) is ranked ninth.The bad blood between them apparently dates back to an innocent sparring session.Bisping, who was gearing up for a fight at the time, got under Rockholds skin during a subsequent interview when, asked about the training session, said: Lets just say Im the unofficial Strikeforce champion.Rockhold called the remark completely tasteless. Bisping says it was an off-the cuff, humorous remark. Get over it, he said.Rockhold said he was coming off an injury at the time and looking to help Bisping rather than show off his skills, even switching stances as required.Hes a prick everywhere in life, Rockhold said on a recent media conference call. Luke, I dont know you. I dont care for you, Bisping responded. We havent shared a single proper conversation so youre basing your facts or what you presume is facts on absolutely nothing, on fresh air.The two fighters did exchange pleasantries in a coffee shop following Bispings August win over Cung Le in Macau. It was there that Rockhold offered to switch purses if he finished Bisping in the first round and give up his purse if he didnt, no matter who won.Rockhold said he was offering to put $50,000 (his basic purse) or $100,000 (basic purse plus win bonus) on the line.He wouldnt commit to the bet, unfortunately, said Rockhold.Im a betting man. I like to gamble everywhere, everything I do, he added.Bisping explained he made more than Rockhold so the bet wasnt fair. He did offer to buy the American a suit when I kick your ass.Bisping is known for his trash-talking outside the ring. The California-based English veteran can talk up a fight like few others. Combine that with a well-rounded game and a good gas tank and the 35-year-old former DJ and furniture maker has made a good living in the UFC.But the six-foot-two Bisping has lost three of his last six, admittedly against good opposition in Tim Kennedy, Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen.Hes technical, hes good, said Rockhold, who holds a win over Kennedy and lost to Belfort. But I just know that Im a lot better. Im faster, Im more technical and I have the intangibles that he doesnt have.At six foot three, Rockhold is a big middleweight with a deep tool box. The black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu also trains with elite fighters at the American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose.Rockhold has won two straight in the UFC since losing his debut to Belfort by head kick and has won 11 of his last 12.He stopped Costas Philippou in 81 seconds, lashing him with a kick to the body, before submitting Tim (The Barbarian) Boetsch last time out via inverted triangle kimura in two minutes eight seconds. Still, unlike the talkative Bisping, he has flown under the radar somewhat.It doesnt really matter to me. I know who I am and I know what my future holds, said the 30-year-old Rockhold. I dont think I really have the respect that I think I deserve.I see guys like Jacare (Souza) ranked ahead of me (at No. 2), guys I beat. I believe Im the best fighter in the world and Im going to go out there and prove it again and again. This is another opportunity to showcase my skills. He says he wants to finish Bisping off with a bang.I dont believe I really get much out of this fight by squeaking by and getting a win. I need to go out there and make a statement and put fear in the eyes of every middleweight out there.He believes the key is to relax and not force things.I see so many good endings to this fight, he added.In order to have the fight air on prime time in North America, the main event is taking place early afternoon Saturday Australia-time. NOTES: Belforts older brother is a pro surfer ... Canadian welterweight Chris (The Menace) Clements is also on the Sydney card. He takes on Australian Vik (The Spartan) Grujic.Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter Cheap Jordan Shoes Free Shipping .J. -- Fabian Johnson scored his first international goal and Clint Dempsey doubled the lead after a defensive lapse as the United States beat Turkey 2-1 Sunday in the second of three World Cup warm-up matches for the Americans before they head to Brazil. Air Jordan Retro Clearance . The person, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of the search, confirmed reports by several media outlets. The interview took place in Southern California on Monday.MIAMI -- When Jacob Turner had wrapped up the first complete game of his career, he accepted a pat on the stomach from his first baseman, gave his catcher a slap on the shoulder and then greeted manager Mike Redmond with uncharacteristic bravado. "Thats how you do it, Red," Turner said. The 22-year-old right-handers swagger was justified. He pitched a seven-hitter and had a career-high seven strikeouts Saturday to help the Miami Marlins beat the San Diego Padres 7-1. The complete game was the first this year for the Marlins, who have the worst record in the major leagues but are 14-10 in June. Turner (2-0) has contributed to the turnaround. Following a dismal spring, he began the season in Triple-A, and since rejoining the Marlins he has an ERA of 1.76 in six starts. "This is a totally different guy than we saw in spring training," Redmond said. "He went down to the minor leagues and worked on things he needed to work on and, wow, this guy has come back to the big leagues and has been outstanding." Turners latest start, the 19th of his career, was the best yet. He allowed only one walk -- to start the ninth -- and threw 111 pitches, 77 for strikes. "He did a good job of moving the fastball on both sides of the plate," Padres manager Bud Black said. "He had some great movement on the fastball and threw some good breaking balls. Hes a fine young pitcher." Turner benefited from rare run support. The Marlins rank last in the majors in runs, but by the fourth inning they led 6-0. Giancarlo Stanton hit his eighth home run, Jeff Mathis had two RBIs and Placido Polanco became the 22nd active player to score 1,000 runs. The outburst came after the Marlins were outscored 20-3 while losing their first four games to San Diego this season. Eric Stults (6-6) gave up a season-high six runs, five earned, in 3 2-3 innings. The stint was his briefest as a starter since 2009. "I struggled with coommand of a lot of my pitches," Stults said. Real Jordan Shoes Cheap. "The good pitches I made, they were able to put the barrel on the ball and find some holes." By the ninth, the only drama was whether Turner would get the complete game. He was still throwing in the low 90s, but he walked the leadoff batter and figured another baserunner would end his night. "You try not to think about it, but its going to be there," said Turner, who acknowledged butterflies at the end. "I definitely wanted to finish the game." First baseman Ed Lucas made a backhanded stab of Will Venables two-hopper and tossed to Turner covering first for the final out. The victory came in a snappy 2 hours, 24 minutes. When Turner was asked about his postgame comment to Redmond, he shrugged sheepishly. Redmond chuckled when he recalled the remark. "I wasnt expecting that out of him," the manager said, "but I loved it." The Marlins took a 3-0 lead in the first inning. After Justin Ruggiano and Lucas singled, Marcell Ozuna hit an RBI single, and when the ball skipped past centre fielder Alexi Amarista for an error, Lucas also came home. Ozuna then scored on Polancos sacrifice fly. Miami added three runs in the fourth, when the first four batters reached. Adeiny Hechavarria hit an RBI single, and Mathis singled past a drawn-in infield to score two more runs. Venable tripled in the fifth and scored on Nick Hundleys double. Notes: RHP Henderson Alvarez, who pitched 7 2-3 scoreless innings in a rehabilitation start Friday for Double-A Jacksonville, will rejoin the Marlins and move into the rotation next week. ... SS Everth Cabrera (strained hamstring) is scheduled to begin a rehabilitation assignment with Single-A Fort Wayne on Tuesday, and he might rejoin the Padres on Thursday. ... Ozuna improved his average with runners in scoring position to .415 (22 for 53). ... The Padres fell to 10-4 in Miami since 2009. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '